Friday, March 27, 2009

Notes From the Battlefront

The battle of Little Big Move began on Tuesday evening, and has been progressing with only the smallest of hitches until today, when a setback of horrifying proportions came to light. If I was prone to hyperbole (which I am) I might even be tempted to say it is the worst thing that could have possibly happened in the middle of a campaign such as this one.

I might even call it the first sign of bloodshed.

To put it in simple terms - my Internet is being disconnected and I do not know when I will get it back again. It could be days, or even as long as a week before we are connected once more.

Certainly I knew that there would be losses, it's to be expected during the heat of battle, but this - this is almost too much to bear. I have heard rumors that in the first days, unable to truly believe it is gone, one goes to the computer and clicks on the Internet icon... only to have nothing happen. Still the itch continues, much like that from a phantom limb.

Why didn't I see this coming? Because I could not bear the thought of it. I stocked myself heavily with supplies from the wishful thinking store ("Shipping out false hope since before shipping was invented. Ask about our group rates!"), believing that they would prevent against catastrophes such as this one.

Since there is no knowing when I will have access or be able to post again, I am extending the deadline for the analogy contest (Win a free book and bragging rights and a cheesy jpeg pic that I created all by myself!) for another week.

Until we can meet again, I will think fondly of you all.

From the trenches of Little Big Move,

Kate Karyus Quinn

17 comments:

  1. No internet is torture to the soul. I pray you do not enjoy the odd silence it brings and return to us quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! You can make it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kate. My thoughts and prayers are with you. *snarf* :) Can't wait till you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No internet would be torture! Hope to hear from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GASP! No internet! Why would you do that to yourself? Surely no move is worth that pain!!! LOL

    I had to do the same recently. I was without the internet for an entire 48 hours. I almost went into convulsions!

    Good luck with your dry spell :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, Kate, I am soooo sorry for your loss. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *LONG SNIFFLES*

    Gone? The Internet? NOOOOO!!!!!!!

    I am so sad for you. I feel your pain. Our power went out for 5 hours the other day and I thought I was going to die.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No internet? GAWSH...you must be wearing black and eating cookies. :-( Seriously, good luck with your move. That picture is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No no no! I love your blog (Who wouldn't? You're hilarious!) and I'll definitely miss it! Good luck moving and getting internet back up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No internet for a week...ah, that is too much to bear.

    Here's hoping you have a quick and EZ move and the internet Genie gets you going quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck to you. Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAHHH!!! I'd go insane and live at Starbucks or somewhere with free WIFI until I got it connected again. Seriously. I have an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have internet at work, it is torture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the wishful thinking store: i'm a regular visitor, of course, but i somehow seem to order on-line all the time too :) that's very clever

    ReplyDelete