Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday #22

Let me first start by saying I love WIP Wednesdays. I love the way it keeps me accountable. I love the comments I get on my WIP Wednesday posts and the encouragement they contain. And I love all the people who have joined in on the WIP Wednesday madness.

I wouldn't keep doing WIP Wednesdays for 22 weeks if I didn't love it.

However, this week I am NOT going to talk about my WIP stuff.

One because my parent's visited over the weekend and I don't have a whole lot to report.

Two because I am currently between works in progress, having finished my last round of revisions and being currently in the query stage.

And finally, Three, because I just read a post over at Cindy R. Wilson's blog that really hit home for me. She wrote:

"In seeking publication, in striving for those nibbles and bites, it’s easy to get tunnel vision. It’s hard sometimes to enjoy writing for the sake of writing when it’s all about rules and getting better and finding that perfect agent or publisher."


While focusing on goals is the best way I know to achieve them, I think it is also important to breath every so often and just enjoy the view. So that's what I'm doing today, or more specifically I am enjoying an awesome award I recently received.



This award was passed along by Michelle McLean whom I have known via the blogging world for over a year now! Thanks, Michelle!

Now for the blog award rules (which according to rule #5 I am required to post here):

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.

3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.

4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

The 5 people I'm passing this award on to are:

1. Cindy R. Wilson - Since she inspired this post, it seems appropriate to pass this award along to her.

2. Jessica Nelson of BookingIt

3. Annie of Annie Writes About Writing

4. Jody Hedlund of On The Path

5. Jennifer Shirk of Me, My Muse, and I

I highly recommend all of these blogs and they are part of my daily blog required reading, among many others and I wish that I could give this to all the bloggers I follow - they are all wonderful!

This past week I was also tagged by Jennifer, who I listed above at number 5. The rules for that are as follows:


1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your post entry is up on your site.

I am totally going to cheat on this one though and just tag all the people I've already listed to pass the award along to, and I'm also only listing five things about myself. That's because I'm a rebel... and a sort of lazy one at that.

So, five things.

1. Next week is my 20 week ultrasound when I found out whether I am having a baby boy or girl. I am one of those people who definitely want to know, so I am looking forward to finding out.

2. I am dreading potty training my 2 year old son. So far I have bought the potty, and some potty training books, and I am thinking of buying a doll that drinks and wets to use as a working example as well, but I keep pushing back the actual training day. Any tips or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

3. In college as part of my theatre classes I took stage combat. Learning how to throw fake punches (or take a fake punch) and pretend fight with a sword was the most fun I've ever had earning a grade.

4. I have a serious problem with run-on sentences in my own writing. Where other people would put a period I put a comma, sometimes several commas, until suddenly what should be five sentences is just one rather breathless and very long one. If you read this blog often, that is probably not news to you.

5. I have horribly awful year-round seasonal allergies that cause my nose to run a lot. Even though I take pills to help it, I still always have tissues on hand. They are in my pockets, they are in my purse, they are tucked into everyplace I can put one, because if my nose starts to drip and I don't have one - I really really really hate to use my sleeve.

That's it from me for this week - hope everyone else has a great WIP Wednesday!

************************************************************************************
If you want to participate in WIP Wednesday, simply post your own WIP Wednesday entry on your blog and leave a link to it in the comments below. Or if you don't have a blog, feel free to report your progress directly into the comments box.

For more detailed information concerning what all this nonsense is about please consult the original Work in Progress Wednesday posting.

Feel free to also make use of the lovely little WIP Wednesday logo as well!