Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Work in Progress Wednesday #21

This will be a very short WIP Wednesday posting as it is very late, and I have to get up rather early for a doctor's appt in the morning.

The reason I am just now having a chance to post is that I have been working relentlessly on finishing the last little bits of revision on my WIP. Also, there has been the small matter of wrestling with the dark creature known as the synopsis, but I'll bore you with that story another time.

Of course, I don't think this is really "the end" of revisions, but just the end for now, as I beginning submitting and seeing what kind of responses I get back.

So wish me luck on that, and then tell me what is going on with your WIP.

Also, I'll be posting later today for the blog chain on the topic of writing with emotion, and check out my post from last Friday and please join in with your own flash fiction created from this month's writing prompt!

************************************************************************************
If you want to participate in WIP Wednesday, simply post your own WIP Wednesday entry on your blog and leave a link to it in the comments below. Or if you don't have a blog, feel free to report your progress directly into the comments box.

For more detailed information concerning what all this nonsense is about please consult the original Work in Progress Wednesday posting.

Feel free to also make use of the lovely little WIP Wednesday logo as well!

14 comments:

  1. I just finished the synopsis for my newest book. Interestingly, this is now the second synopsis I've had to write before I've completed the book. In the case of this most recent synopsis, I actually wrote it before starting! I'm curious to see how much of it will change once I get deep into the book! Good luck writing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on finishing! I've been procrastinating on my revisions but it's awesome that you've got yours done. So, are you sending it out to betas, a crit group, or are you ready for querying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by how quickly you got through your revisions. Way to go!
    Good luck with querying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with submitting!

    I've been working slowly on editing one novel while writing another. Oddly, the writing is progressing much more quickly than the editing. Guess you can tell which I enjoy more :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything!!! And I loved your flash fiction piece. I will get mine posted next week (I Hope)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on powering through those revisions! And I'm going to have to face the dreaded synopsis beast soon, so I'd definitely be interested in hearing how you tackled it. :)

    I'm still trying to figure out a good song for that writing prompt too!

    And my WIP Wednesday post is over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revisions, synopses, and a doctor's appointment? Kate, you are amazing. And not to mention getting up the gumption to submit soon. That right there takes more guts than anything! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jody - Wow, I have never had to do a polished synopsis for something I haven't yet written - that sounds really difficult! If it is anything like the very loose outlines that I sometimes write, I am sure a lot will change once you get into the actual story.

    Jessica - Thanks for the congrats! I am sending it out to agents. *gulp*

    Annie - LOL, it doesn't feel quick to me - I have been working on these revisions for months, but it feels like YEARS.

    Cindy - Yeah, my edits went a lot slower than I wanted them to, which is why I try not to start writing something else until they are finished, or I would never get through them!

    Christine - Aw, thanks, glad you liked it! And I can't wait to read yours!

    Violet - I was going to write about my synopsis struggles in more detail, but just didn't have time to get into the epic struggle of it all- I will totally discuss it in a future post though!

    Elana - I have gumption? That's pretty cool;) I just thought that I was a glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your synopsis. I'm not even close to that point. My post is up now.

    here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luck! Luck! I'm sure good news is coming your way soon :)

    btw, I love the name of your blog. It takes me back to when I was 7, freshly bathed, in my pj's and watching the Muppet Show with my family. Ah, good times...good times...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to hear that you're still making progress. Kudos! We're in the same boat. SYNOPSIS hell!!! I'll read yours anytime. :)

    Right now, I've got to get a query letter together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Synopsis writing can be hard. Good luck!

    I'm still slogging through my rough draft. (It's going a little slow.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robin - Thanks! I need all the luck I can get:)

    Tess - Aw, watching The Muppet Show those were good times. They just don't make TV like that anymore.

    Bethanne- Good luck with the query, that is not a whole lot of fun either!

    Jaime - I will be back with you in the rough draft stage soon enough when I start my new WIP.

    Gwen - LOL, I think everyone hates the darn things.

    ReplyDelete