Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Next Big Thing Week 21

Today I am taking part in the Next Big Thing blog hop that has been making its way through the blogosphere faster than a head cold in a roomful of people who refuse to cover their mouths when they sneeze.

I was tagged by Mindy McGinnis fellow Class of 2K13'er and author of the upcoming - OMG I can't wait to read it, please let me get an ARC in my hands ASAP -  NOT A DROP TO DRINK.

These questions are about my current work in progress. ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE is a stand alone, which means that my WIP is not a sequel but something else entirely different.

1) What is the working title of your book?

ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE came from the Janis Joplin song, Piece of My Heart from the part of the chorus where she sings: "take another little piece of my heart now baby. Staying with the song motif, my WIP is currently titled: (DON'T YOU) FORGET ABOUT ME

2) Where did the idea come from for the book?

Ummm... I'll have to refer you to my Class of 2K13 vlog about brain throw-up.Yes, you read that correctly. I said brain throw up.

3)What genre does your book fall under?

Young Adult where strange things happen.
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oye. This would be a better question for my husband to answer.  

5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

That question should really be - Can you sum up your book in one sentence? And the answer to that would be: No.

6)Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

By book is currently contracted with HarperTeen.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Umm... I'll let you know when it's finished. 
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I would compare it to both The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater or The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff because these books both take place in a town where something strange or magical is excepted as an everyday thing.

9) Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Um... me?

10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I am writing this book in such a way that it will make reader's teeth whiter and their hair thicker. Guaranteed*.

This is the part where I am supposed to tag some other writers for next week. But everyone else I asked had already been tagged. AAUUGHH. It was like high school gym class all over again. So, if you are reading this and have not yet been tagged - feel free to jump in next week (Week 22) with your Next Big Thing answers. Let me know that you're going to post and I'll link you up here so that others can check out your blog next Wednesday, October 31th, when it's your turn to post answers to these same questions about your own works-in-progress!


Rules:



***Answer these ten questions about your current WIP on your blog


.
***Tag five other writers/bloggers with their links so we can hop over and meet them.


*NOT really.