Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wonderful and Exciting News

Last Friday I accepted an offer of representation with Alexandra Machinist of Janklow and Nesbit Associates.

That is all.

Oh, what's that? You want details?

Okay, here's what I can tell you.

I got "the call" almost two weeks ago from a different wonderful agent. And while I wanted to yell into the phone, "Yes, yes, yes!" I knew that wasn't the right way to do things when I had a dozen other full/partials out there with other agents. Somehow I stumbled through the conversation, and ended it with only a promise to speak with the wonderful agent again.

Then there was a flurry of emailing. Some agents asked for more time to read, some said they were too busy and opted out, and some wanted to give me a call.

In the end I received four offers altogether and each was was wonderful... and also kinda awful. I really did not want to say no to anyone who told me that they loved my book. I wanted to say yes and thank you and I love you for loving my book.

Of course, I could only accept representation with one agent and in the end I knew that person had to be Alexandra.

And now I am looking forward to the next step in this writing journey - that of going out on submission. It is wonderful and scary and amazing, and I am so very grateful to be on this journey and to be able to share it with all of you!