Tuesday, September 15, 2020

First Ten Pages Critique, Developmental Edits, and Self Pub Coaching

For several years now I've been offering manuscript critiques and developmental edits. 

I love the process of helping authors refine their manuscripts so they can be ready to either query or publish. I also try to make my services as affordable as possible because I know what it's like to want extra help or a professional eye, but to feel totally priced out of those services. That's why my price for a first ten pages critique is $30. A full manuscript critique is .01/word. I also throw in a free query critique with any paid service.  

In addition to these services, I've recently added coaching specifically for authors choosing to go the self publishing or indie route. 


Over the past two years I've been working in the indie publishing world and in that time have put out almost ten books. Learning the entire process from figuring out how to post books to various online distributors to formatting to pricing to making covers to marketing is a job in and of itself. Not everyone has the time or patience to do that kind of Google deep dive - and sometimes (often) there is conflicting advice. 

My role would be to act as a guide, helper, partner, source of knowledge, and one stop shop to get your book published. We'll discuss your goals and the best way to achieve them. We'll talk about what you envision for a cover along with what kind of cover is most likely to resonate with your intended audience. I can even help with the cover creation, I have experience making covers for my own books! Formatting is another area where I'm happy to lend a hand. I use Vellum for my own books and could easily take care of your simple formatting needs. Finally, I run Facebook and Amazon ads - plus make my own sales graphics - so I can lend a hand there as well. 

Writing and publishing can be a lonely business, but it doesn't have to be. Whether I'm helping with developmental edits on your memoir, helping you with a gameplan on how to launch your science fiction series, or something else in between - my goal is to always be in your corner, actively working with you to ensure your success.

For more information on my services check out my www.katekaryusquinn.com or contact me directly!





               Dream Team Mythverse Book 7       Squad Goals           Grave New World cover