Monday, August 5, 2013

This I Believe...

So I've taken a little blog hiatus for the last month (or so). 

Here's my excuse: I was a little wiped out after June, what with the release of ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE, two deadlines on my next book- (DON'T YOU) FORGET ABOUT ME (HarperTeen 2014!), and a visit to Chicago for ALA.

However, now I am back and while not quite refreshed (mostly thanks to my 6-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter who have gone from being my adorable and sometimes mildly monstrous children, to cunning and possibly evil co-conspirators intent on making Mommy lose her frickin' mind.), I am no longer feeling totally exhausted and burnt out anymore.

So, with that out of the way let's move onto the meat of this blog post. During my blog vacay, I missed a few blog chains, but now I am back on the chain with a question that I came up with:  

Do you find yourself repeating certain themes in your writing? Can readers glean what you believe in, or some of your life philosophies from reading your work?

Good question, right? (Please say yes!)

So, if you want to know what I believe, it can be best summed up with this song (um... warning, or something: this music video begins with a pixelated butt, so if that sort of thing offends you, you could perhaps listen to the version with just the lyrics on the screen which can be found here.) :


I also believe in: rock 'n roll, our memories make us (and sometimes break us), the human ability to do amazing things, miracles (not necessarily of the religious variety), free will, and finally the power that can be found in the stories we tell.

I also believe that chocolate is delicious... but if you've read ALP you may not come away with that exact message. 

Aaannnddd, that is it for me. To keep following the blog chain look for Sandra's post to go up tomorrow. And in the have an extra moment - leave a comment and let's catch up. How has your summer been? Do you have children who are making you crazy too? And if not... can I come and stay at your house for awhile?